This workshop is all about learning to get back up and how to become a highly resilient individual. How do we bounce back from failure? How do you recover from being exposed?
We all go through struggle – asking somebody out that does not want us, expressing our feelings and not being understood, saying something at work that didn’t land very well; the list is endless – failing feels painful and can trigger shame, disappointment and a whole range of emotions and thoughts. Sometimes we avoid pursuing our heart desires because we fear failing. And sometimes when we do, we don’t get back up and we give up. But if we want to break away from the crowd and live wholehearted lives, we have to be courageous and different; doing this inevitable means we will sometimes fall.
By taking part in the Rising Strong™ Workshop you will learn how to apply the Rising Strong™ process to your day-to-day life and become empowered to write wholehearted new endings to your stories.
You will also:
- Become familiar with the physics of vulnerability and the ten rules of engagement for rising strong.
- Identify the values that are most important in your life and learn why values clarification is essential to the development of resiliency.
- Become familiar with the Rising Strong process and goals – rise from our falls, overcome our mistakes, and face hurt in a way that brings more wisdom and wholeheartedness to our lives.
- Raise your awareness about: the feelings associated with emotions, your response to emotion, and how emotion, thought, and behavior are interconnected.
- Practice and build skills to engage with and experience emotion, including mindfulness and breathing.
- Deepen your emotional vocabulary and self-awareness
- Comprehend that as humans, we have meaning-making in our biology and are compelled to make up stories – even if they are based on incomplete information.
- Reclaim and integrate orphaned parts of yourself and celebrate that wholeness through creative expression.
The Rising Strong™ workshop is an interactive mix of:
- Psycho experiential and educational exploration
- Viewings of videos from Brené, created specifically for Rising Strong™
- Group discussions
- Creative exercises
- Self-reflection and inquiry
The workshops are designed for work with individuals, couples, and families.
Save the Date!
TBD (Check back soon!)
Clear View Counseling Center Meeting Room
1819 Bay Ridge Avenue, STE 190
Annapolis, MD 21403
Day 1: (Friday, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
Session 1: Introduction
Session 2: Clarity of Values
Session 3: Act I: The Reckoning
Session 4: Offloading Hurt
Session 5: Strategies for Reckoning with Emotion
Session 6: Act II: The Rumble
Session 7: Common Rumbling Themes
Day 2: (Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with one-hour lunch)
Session 8: Rumbling with Vulnerability
Session 9: Rumbling with Shame
Session 10: Rumbling with Living BIG
Session 11: Rumbling with Trust and BRAVING
Session 12: Rumbling with Grief and Forgiveness
Day 3: (Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
Session 13: Rumbling with Anxiety
Session 14: Rumbling with Criticism
Session 15: The Delta
Session 16: ACT III: The Revolution
Session 17: Integrating and Creativity
About Brené Brown:
Dr. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work.
She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy and is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness and Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts.
Brené’s TED talk – The Power of Vulnerability – is one of the top five most viewed TED talks in the world with over 35 million views.
Brené lives in Houston, Texas with her husband, Steve, and their children, Ellen and Charlie.
For more information, visit brenebrown.com
About the Speaker:
Lisa Kliever, LCSW- C is a Certified Daring Way™️ Candidate. She facilitates Daring Greatly™️, Rising Strong™️ and Gifts of Imperfection™️ workshops, based on the research of Dr Brené Brown.
Check back here when registration goes live!