The law protects the relationship between a patient and a psychotherapist. Information cannot be disclosed without your written consent.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which we are required by law to report this information to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a patient is threatening serious bodily harm to another person(s), we must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a patient intends to harm himself or herself, we will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, we must take further measures without their permission, which are required by law in order to ensure their safety.
Missed Visit/ Late Cancellation Policy
A fee of $75 will be charged for all missed appointments. A missed appointment occurs when an appointment is not cancelled within 24 hours of a scheduled appointment time. You must cancel appointments directly with your clinician.
You may also use our Patient Portal to cancel and reschedule appointments (with at least 24-hours notice). If you cancel through the portal, please confirm your cancellation request with your clinician directly to ensure she has received the cancellation notice.
Voicemail messages left on the Clear View Counseling Center main line must be individually forwarded to each provider. As a result of the potential for delays, you are discouraged from leaving voicemails regarding the cancellation of appointments on the main voicemail. Should you leave a voicemail on the main phone line with a cancellation request, you assume the risk of incurring a Missed Visit Fee.
For your convenience, the Clear View Counseling Center provides a free, HIPAA compliant Patient Portal. The patient portal allows you to view your upcoming appointments, request additional appointments, reschedule appointments, and request to cancel appointments.
On the patient portal, you may view your clinician’s availability, view your upcoming appointments, and make schedule requests.
Patients are provided with an emailed invitation to create a portal account prior to their initial appointment. Invitations expire after 24 hours, but may be re-sent by your clinician by request. Passwords may also be reset by your clinician by request as needed.
ALL scheduling, rescheduling, and cancelling of appointments MUST be sent through the portal ONLY. For requests with less than 24-hours’ notice, you MUST contact your clinician directly.
We cannot guarantee that voicemails left on the Clear View Counseling Center main phone line will be passed along to your clinician in a timely manner. We discourage replying to automated appointment reminders via email. Such replies must be forwarded to each clinician individually. As such, we cannot guarantee timely forwarding of such schedule requests. Should you choose to submit schedule requests on the Clear View Counseling Center main voicemail, main email, or reply to automated appointment reminder emails, you do so at risk of incurring a $75 Missed Visit Fee should your clinician not receive your request within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment.
Inclement Weather Policy
In some cases of inclement weather, we may have to cancel or reschedule your appointment. If there is inclement weather (i.e., hurricane, snowstorm, ice storm under 32 degrees Fahrenheit) on the day of your appointment, please do the following:
- Check your email to see if you have been notified by your clinician. You will not receive a call to cancel your appointment. It is up to you to check your email to confirm your appointment.
- In some cases, we may call/email you to request that you come in earlier or later than your scheduled time due to the weather.
- If your appointment is cancelled, every effort will be made to reschedule your appointment. Please contact your provider to do so.
- If you need to cancel your appointment due to inclement weather, you may cancel without a fee. Please call or email your clinician directly to do so. However, you must call at least three hours before your appointment to cancel. If you do not show up or call after your appointment time, you will be charged a missed appointment/late cancellation fee regardless of the weather.
- If you have any doubts or questions, contact your clinician!
Additionally, individual clinicians who are parents may also have inclement weather policies related to their child’s school district. If this applies to your clinician, you will receive notice of this policy in your registration packet prior to your initial appointment.
Social Media Policy
We do not accept “friend” requests or similar connections with patients, or their family members or friends, on social media. This is to protect your confidentiality and privacy. If you would like to “Like” our professional Facebook page or “Follow” us on Instagram, you may do so at your own risk. Please note that this is not a way to contact us, especially in an emergency.
If you would like your clinician to review your (or your child’s) social media interactions as part of our therapeutic work, please print what you would like us to review and bring it with you to session. Even if your or your child’s social media accounts are public, we will not examine them without your specific consent and direction.
Please note that any social media apps you use may seek to connect you with your clinician or with other visitors to our offices, through a “people you may know” or similar feature. We have no control over apps that may intrude on the privacy of your treatment in this way. If you would like to minimize the risk of others becoming aware of your connection to us or this office, please make use of the privacy controls available on your phone. Turning off a social media app’s ability to know your location, and refusing it access to your email account and the contacts and history in your phone, can help protect your privacy and confidentially.