Are you a Masters-level graduate student seeking your advanced or second year Internship or Field Placement this fall? The Clear View Counseling Center is inviting graduate level students who are seeking a degree in social work, mental health counseling, or psychology to apply for our Mental Health Counseling Internship Program. We are committed to the training of students by providing opportunities for meaningful learning experiences.
Interns will provide family therapy, group therapy, marital therapy/ couples counseling, and individual psychotherapy for adults, adolescents, and/or children, in an outpatient group practice setting and/ or online. Applicants must be willing to commit to 20 hours per week on site, regardless of graduate school program requirements and be available for weekly clinical supervision during traditional business hours.
This is an UNPAID hybrid position with the possibility of future employment upon successful completion of our program.
- Must be enrolled in a graduate level social work, professional counseling, psychology program, other human services related program for the entire duration of the placement
- Must have completed psychopathology, and possess knowledge of clinical diagnoses and treatment planning
- Must be willing to submit to and pass federal, state and child protective background check
- Must obtain and provide proof of student malpractice insurance
We invite you to apply if:
- You are a motivated, self-starter with 1 academic year of experience providing psychotherapy for mental or behavioral health issues
- You have a working knowledge of mental health diagnoses (psychopathology), treatment modalities, DSM-5 criteria and terminology
- You work well with diverse populations
- You are able to develop effective therapeutic alliances while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- You are skilled in time management, organization, problem-solving, crisis intervention and multi-tasking as part of a therapeutic team
- You have strong writing and communication skills
The Clear View Counseling Center is committed to creating a more diverse community. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, sex, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Interested candidates, please send your CV and a cover letter to Dr. Cusack at firstname.lastname@example.org.